Looking for a healthy alternative to candy for your child’s classmates? This is perfect activity for 1-10 kids ages 4 and up. It's also a great game to leave with the sitter for your own kids when you are out on your Valentine's date night!
Simply download and print the treasure hunt. It takes about 8 minutes to set up but can keep the kids busy and happy for hours!
How It Works
One child, or a number of children working together, can enjoy Clued In Kids treasure hunts.
Each hunt contains a series of clues with activities and puzzles that, when solved, reveal the location of the next clue, and the next, until the treasure is found.
In less than 10 minutes an adult or older child can set up a hunt that will provide an hour or more of excitement for kids.
- Before hiding clues, write a child’s name atop each; assigning clues will minimize squabbles and lets you give trickier clues to older kids, easier to younger. Assign activity clues to “everyone.”
- The treasure you hide at the end of the hunt can be anything – stickers, tattoos, dollar bills, cupcakes, tickets – the true treasure is, of course, the fun and challenge of the hunt itself.
This is what creator, Helen Bertelli has to say about this Valentine's treasure hunt:
"Sweet Relief: A New Kind Of Valentine
Scarred by memories of dejected, valentine-less Charlie Brown, I understand why our generation has made valentines obligatory for every child. But consider what this has done for the next generation…..placing orders……for dumdums. Yikes.
I don’t much like candy, especially as my kids have food allergies. So I searched my brain for alternatives, bringing up my mental map of the Target aisles for ideas. Dollar bins? No, no more junky jewelry or bubbles that leak.
Then it came to me. I’m going to send Ava in to school with printouts of our Valentine’s Treasure Hunt.
It’ll be original. Plus it’ll be cheaper than buying cards and candy for all the kids in her class.
Click on the Valentine’s pup for the Treasure Hunt, purchase, then print it as many times as you need.
Happy hunting!" -Helen
- NEW PRODUCT! "I Can Do It" My Daily C...
- On Track! Responsibility System for Tweens! by ...
- We Can Do It! Classroom Chart
- Flip Flop Blocks, 12 months+
- Tag the Art Game, Ages 7+ (NO art supplies incl...
- Lexigo Rush! Spelling / Word Search Game, ages 8+
- Finger Tips Board Game Animal Edition Ages 3+
- Tag the Art Game, Ages 7+