Celebrating and honoring the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday is an official day of service to celebrate the civil rights leader’s life and legacy. COVID has made it harder to volunteer with our kids but you can still find small but meaningful ways to honor the day.
- Take a family walk and pick up trash in your neighborhood or a community park.
- Go through clothes and toys an find items to donate to families in need.
- Make a meal or baked good for a neighbor or to drop off at your local fire or police station.
- Create inspiring, loving messages with sidewalk chalk.
- Make care kits for the homeless (toothbrush/paste, deodorant, snacks, water, lip balm, socks, etc.)
- Leave a special treat for your mailman, garbage collector or delivery drivers.